On Friday, former ESPN and MSNBC commentator Keith Olbermann popped back up on our televisions sets as he was a guest on the ABC gabfest The View. He made some waves during his visit to the show by stating that Donald Trump is the most dangerous Presidential candidate since the Civil War. He also told the hosts that he had to move out of Trump Palace because he “ran out of spit.”
However, besides running down the Trump campaign on network TV and giving his fans more ammunition to demand his return to cable news, Olbermann also made waves Friday by going after one of his favorite targets. Outside of Bill O’Reilly, it could be said that the person Keith despises most is right-wing pundit and current Trump sycophant Ann Coulter. Their feud goes back years, climaxing with a catfight over the value of their Cornell degrees. (Seriously, that happened.)
Anyway, Coulter and Trump campaign manager and reporter-abusing goon Corey Lewandowski both fell for a fake story from one of those shitty ‘satire’ news sites and tweeted out links on Friday. The site, using an ABC News moniker, published an article claiming a person was paid $3,500 to protest a Donald Trump rally. Of course, Ann and Corey wasted no time sharing that obvious bullshit, as it validated what The Donald had been saying all along about the protests at his events.
Well, it took no time at all for people to figure out this was some fake-ass crapola, and Lewandowski and Coulter were called out on it. Keith being Keith, he just had to dig in at his rival.
— Keith Olbermann (@KeithOlbermann) March 25, 2016
It is always nice to see Olbermann being his usual caustic, sharp-tongued self. It would be even nicer, however, if he were given another forum on TV to spread his unique brand of righteous indignation and bulls-eye critiques. (Remember when we heard the rumors that he might be heading back to MSNBC? If only they were true.)